Can I drive Irish Kadett in Greenzone Berlin

What must I do to drive my 1980 Kadett D in the Greenzone Berlin. It has registration plates that can only be found on over 30 year old cars in Ireland. I will identify with IRL sticker. My motor tax disc and NCT(TÜV) on the windscreen are marked Vintage/Veteran. Will I have a problem when I get to Berlin in two weeks.

To infinity and beyond

Hi!

That will be a problem, because only the german historical license plate will let you pass the "Umweltzone"!

The only thing ist you try to risk it to drive into the Umweltzone with the possibility that the police notices the missing "Umweltplakette".

Hallo,

die Ausnahmen für Oldtimer mit H-Zulassung gelten auch für ausländischen Fahrzeuge mit landesspezifischer Oldtimerzulassung,, sofern diese der dt. Oldtimerzulassung vergleichbaren Maßstäben genügen.

(35. Bundesimmissionsschutzverordnung (BImSchV), Anhang 3 zu § 2 Absatz 3, Ziffer 10.).

You can drive your Kadett in Berlin because Ireland is an EU member and the laws for veteran cars in Ire are comparable to the laws in germany.

Grüße

Vogelsberger is absolutely right! :thumbup:

Unrestricted travel and no additional sticker or anything else required because your car is already marked as Vintage/Veteran according to EU law.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von 13S ()

No, that is not correct!

Theresa are still no complete matching legislations with EU Vintage Cars an the Umweltzone.
    The standards still differ from country to country!

Better you call the Straßenverkehrsamt in Berlin!
    Better prepare instead or getting insulted by a german police officer that doesn't already know about any law.

Hallo,

wörtlich heißt das Gesetz:

Oldtimer (gemäß § 2 Nr. 22 der Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung), die ein Kennzeichen nach § 9 Abs. 1 oder § 17 der Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung führen, sowie Fahrzeuge, die in einem anderen Mitgliedstaat der Europäischen Union, einer anderen Vertragspartei des Abkommens über den Europäischen Wirtschaftsraum oder der Türkei zugelassen sind, wenn sie gleichwertige Anforderungen erfüllen.

Grüße

I would say you bring a print-out of the law text (search for the article in a law database) and take your chances. A cop which you show this will most probably let you go because he doesn't know any better and wants to avoid the trouble for himself.

Dieter

Ein 2.0-16V ist nicht genug!
    Disclaimer: Der Autor dieses Beitrages hat eine gehörige Portion Humor, gepaart mit etwas Sarkasmus. Bitte nicht alles "tod-ernst" nehmen. Wir wollen ja alle unseren Spaß haben, speziell hier auf der Seite mit unseren Opels!

Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe We're Coming anyway, I tried the non eu application forms and it just says no sticker available for this age car. It has vintage and veteran on the screen, I will identify as IRL with international sticker and talk very nicely to the Polizei. We do our very best to make German visitors welcome here and I have only had good experiences in Germany in the past. Germans made the car and it has been polluting Ireland for 37 year, as for all your Diesel VW's.... ;-p

To infinity and beyond

Gestern gings los... Musste erstmal machen mit nem alten D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen! :P

• Hey,

dir scheint die Diskussion zu gefallen, aber du bist nicht angemeldet.

Wenn du ein kostenloses Konto eröffnest merken wir uns deinen Lesefortschritt und bringen dich dorthin zurück. Zudem können wir dich per E-Mail über neue Beiträge informieren. Dadurch verpasst du nichts mehr.

Jetzt anmelden!